Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Marley, But Not Me...

I'm only about 80 pages into the book and I can already tell you, I would have had the dog put down. He went far beyond reasonable behavior, the destruction and pain he caused on a daily basis was in my animal-loving opinion, ridiculous. He was a bundle of phobias combined with attention deficit disorder. The aspect of his behavior that put me over the edge was the fact that he actually was so disconnected from reality, he would harm himself and continue to do so without stopping his bad behavior or acting out, whatever you want to call it. I just can't see how or why they continued to support his horrible behavior. He was just too big to allow that kind of craziness to continue.

I guess this isn't the reaction the author or my aunt (who gave me the book to read) was expecting from me so I probably won't share it with her. Never fear, I'll finish the book because I feel obligated. Nevertheless, I'll undoubtedly skip the movie. It would just frustrate me all over again.


The really stupid thing is even as a tiny puppy, he was showing negative signs of taking after his frothing at the mouth father, his owners just refused to face it. When the vet said you have got to neuter him, you can't let his geneology continue, that was yet another clue. I guess what it boils down to is I'm not one of those people to whom any amount of bad pet behavior is okay simply because they're cute or helpless or whatever. Nope, no house-abiding pet is worth it to me. Sorry to disillusion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home