Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Pseudo Christmas Eve

What do I mean by this? Well, with the recent weather phenomenon, I (Santa) is without at least 7-8 packages that were ordered anywhere between 12 and 2 days ago. So much for paying extra for overnight or 2-day air. What a joke! This will be the holiday season that keeps on giving by the time it all finally shows up. Perhaps this would be a good year to acknowledge "Boxing Day" because that's what I'm waiting for...lots and lots of boxes. The really unfortunate thing is some of them are holding up my mailing a larger box to Las Vegas. Like I said, this will be the Christmas that never ends.

There is a Christmas Eve celebration occurring this evening that part of us are attending (those who don't lose their entire lung capacity from compounded cigarette smoke) and one of the gifts that will be opened contains a computer print of what has not yet arrived. Talk about a let down!

Anyway, I guess I'm lucky I got what I got. I did get some last minute shopping done today but I ended up looking like someone out of the movies because all the slush on the road got splattered all over my coat and my pants by the last minute shoppers driving by, just call me Michelle Pfeiffer ("One Fine Day"). I'm so thankful it has melted so we can get around tonight and tomorrow but it is messy and slick.

So even though I'm going to do my Christmas Eve elfing this evening, I know it's not over. The elfing that never ends. So I'm going to eat my BBQ chicken dinner then do my duty then practice then maybe I can find a holiday movie I haven't already watched twice.

Actually, I just remembered that I put "Mama Mia" in my own stocking so I can open it up and watch it, yay! I'm a happy camper!

Joyeux Noel! Feliz Navidad! Buon Natale! Mele Kalikimaka! And all that jazz...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home