Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Monday, December 22, 2008

Crazily Random

One of the things I think keeps bringing me back here is the ability I have to be as random and as free-thinking/talking as I want. If I want to talk about underwear there's no one to stop me, if I want to talk about lost pets it's my prerogative, if I want to talk about Obama's ideals I can feel free to express myself and if I want to comment on world affairs I can feel free to state my opinion. Basically, I can use this as a mind dump and it continues to be a cleansing exercise.



I just heard excerpts from a book that would have been the best possible joke gift. It was an autobiography by Vanna White and talked about, among other mundane things, how challenging her job is to turn the letters really fast once the puzzle has been solved. It was really pitiful and proves the name is everything; if you have a "name" the publishers will publish anything.


I think that's also why the children's book market has been flooded because so many celebrities have now decided they are professional child educators and writers. That's not it, of course, they are published simply because they have name recognition and idiot buyers will buy the book just because they wrote it, whether it contains valuable content or not.


I just Nordic Tracked two miles while watching the first 1/3 of Transformers again. I'm really not into action or superhero shows but this one fascinates me for some reason. I think I've seen at least portions of it probably 7-8 times at this point. Obviously the cable folks feel the same way because they play it constantly. I don't think we own it yet but it's probably inevitable.


I'm tv'd out at the moment so I'm back to Christmas carols. You can only listen to the same newscasts about what's going on outside just so many times before you OD. We have at this point sent phone pics to our kids who don't live close-by so they can see how incredibly deep it is. It hasn't stopped snowing since we got up this morning either. Mike keeps diligently shoveling each day and you can't even really tell he did it hours later except for the piles he built up as he tried to clear the steps. It will be interesting watching the postal person navigate around here later today. No one that I can see has actually shoveled off the sidewalk, which the mayor informed all of us is our job to do as homeowners. It's 22 degrees outside right now, that's the "warmest" it's been in the last two days. It was 16 most of the day yesterday.

I think it's interesting that even the Sunday Morning show on CBS was trying to encourage its viewers to keep spending money on their show yesterday morning. You're hearing from a number of unlikely sources who are trying to reinforce the importance of buoying up the economy right now by spending more money. Of course, at the same time they are announcing the significant increase of credit card rates. Isn't that a mixed message or is it just me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home