Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Monday, January 05, 2009

It's the New Year...So Far So Good!

I know it's only 5 days into the new year but I have to say, so far so good. I don't think you should ever take positive events for granted so I just wanted to acknowledge that. This is especially true when you look at the headlines each day and see many Palestinians, Israelites, actors, parents in general, economists, sports figures, CEO's and others who have not had a "good day" since this year started.

The snow is behind us, the temperature is out of the 30's, we've delivered almost all our Christmas presents, I have baby boy with me for two more days, we're heading to Las Vegas for a short trip, no one is ill, Kara's been approved for a home loan and Mike finally gets his new truck. These are all good things and I choose to believe this means it's going to be a good year. OK, I lost at dominoes Friday night but I can live with that and it's certainly nothing unusual.

I'll just leave work out of this discussion because that's going to be challenging at best. I've already acknowledged I was simply born on the wrong day (I think it was Saturday) so will always have to work for a living (the old poem..."Monday's child is fair of face, Tuesday's child is full of grace..."), which in my mind means nothing will ever come easy.

There are people in my life I'm worried about like my mom and dad, my girlfriend in Cornelius and my sister, but I'm just going to give them as much of my time and love as I can and hope things turn around in each of their cases.

So, on that semi-positive note, I'll sign off for now. Time to attack that mountain of clean laundry that needs folding before baby boy wakes up and commands all of my time yet again. This is the life.

1 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Blogger kara said...

here's to a great 2009! (holding up imaginary champagne flute)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home