Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Unemployment of 10%?

We may have hit this number some time during my lifetime but I sure don't remember when. Another one of those firsts you don't want to align yourself with as in being one of the unemployed or as in causing the problem in the first place. It's a significant concern because many who have already retired have now lost far more money than they can afford in the stock market on top of everything else.

In all the 23 years I've been in Benefits, this is the first Open Enrollment where we have repeatedly heard from employees that they were just thankful to have a job and benefits. This has been amazing since we made more significant cuts in our benefits this year than we have in at least 5 years. What we're finding is that those who are complaining loudest are the ones who are having performance issues in their jobs already so I guess you could say, no loss.

Day after tomorrow will be the last day of my formal eight week fitness program. I have every intention of continuing indefinitely but it will be on my own (along with my team who all want to continue too). I have not yet come close to my goals but I absolutely intend to hit and even surpass them if I can. And yes, I'd love it if I could get into these shorts.

The strength and energy I have now are a new phenomenon for me, I'm unwilling to give them up. I'm better able to keep up with Beckett and with 3 more on the way (not all local but I want to be involved anyway), I will need more flexibility, muscle and endurance than ever. It's been an amazing program as well as very challenging. Changing your life routines and never succumbing to tiredness or laziness is very difficult, especially when life altering events occur. Nevertheless, it's worth the effort.

Off to get some work done. Tomorrow night I hope to get back to the piano too. That's going to take me a while since it's been about 3 weeks.

1 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger kara said...

oooh, i want energy. i haven't exercised in so so long.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home