Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Procrastination Syndrome

Why is it when I have so much work and practicing to do and cardio to complete, that I find myself sitting here at the keyboard? I think it's because this serves as my best form of relaxation and stress relief. When I am focused on thinking, creating and writing, I'm not thinking about all the bad stuff in my life. I suppose it's just another form of the escapism I've talked about before. I don't think I'll be arrested or go to hell for it though so I guess it's OK regardless.

Today is my mom's birthday. My sister and I took her to a beauty salon where the gal cut and styled her hair and then gave her a 1 hour, 20 minute pedicure. While she was getting her pedicure, we brought her a crab cake lunch with broccoli/cheese soup, which was what she wanted more than anything else. She looked so cute in her chic hairdo and her sassy toes. (Granted, this pic shows her same hairdo with someone else's face.) It's so interesting how your hair style can make you look so much younger, even at 79. Of course, we had to instruct our dad on how to help her keep it looking that way from here on out. That should be interesting because she can't spray the back which is required to get the little poof back there she needs. Anyway, I think she thought it was a stupendous birthday and that makes it a very good day for all of us.

We finally got all our Halloween decorations up today. They are very entertaining (my husband is the king of fiber optics) and really get you in the mood for Fall in a big way. We won't do pumpkins since every year we've done them, no matter what city we've lived in, someone always came up on the porch and smashed them. I'm not interested in any more "smashing pumpkins" (tee hee).

The sunshine today and through the next week is so energizing. The brightness and warmth really encourages me to get a bunch of stuff done, just not the same stuff I really need to do. Ugh! I guess I need to stop stalling now. Hasta la vista.

1 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Blogger kara said...

we're gonna do a costume drive by on halloween so you can see us all gussied up

 

Post a Comment

<< Home