Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tipping Point


Do you ever wonder where or what exactly is your tipping point? Just how much is too much? What will be the upward limit that will finally take you over the edge? What would finally be considered to be over the top, beyond the pale, outside boundaries? Just where will the boil begin? How far is too far?


Right now, "Run Lola Run" is playing and the female lead has definitely reached her tipping point. She just stole the gun from the security guard and you and I could easily write the story from here, none of the endings being happy.

I have so many issues going at work, I feel like I'm floating without a life preserver, far out of sight of land. And more and more shark fins just keep breaking the surface of the water using my flailing body as their focal point. Sort of like the theme of a Jimmy Buffet song ("Fins") only not nearly as much fun. I know, this sounds like the remnants of a nightmare but unfortunately I'm wide awake.

Thank goodness for blogs. Thank goodness for books. Thank goodness for families. All of these provide an outlet, an escape, an alternative universe and all of them are welcomed with open arms.

Until I'm back at it tomorrow that is.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home