Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Is Shia LaBeouf Transformable?

Will Shia require continuing Transformers episodes to retain his stardom, that's my question? I know he was in something prior to these movies but I couldn't tell you what. He certainly doesn't have masculine appeal like a Johnny Depp or George Clooney for instance, I'm thinking it's his vulnerability that appeals.
What I love most about these movies is Optimus Prime's voice so I'm glad he was resurrected from the metal junkyard to give the continuing saga yet another go in the future. I need to figure out whose voice it is to see if he has been in anything else. I just like to listen to it, it resonates. (OK, I looked it up and I'm sorry I did, the fantasy was so much better.)
We were surprised to hear them refer to President Obama in the script although it sounded to me like it might have been dubbed over the original speech. A timely replacement but wierd because all of a sudden you felt like you were watching reality, Autobots and Decepticons notwithstanding.


During the previews, there were at least 4 or 5 blockbusters that involved the end of the world, the transition into another future world, both natural and unnatural disasters and then a little off the wall Tim Burton thrown in. His movie is called "9" and is launching on 9/9/09; what a coincidence.

I'll have to take muscle relaxants before I go see any of them though. My poor neck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home