Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Monday, June 01, 2009

Behind The Eight Ball

I'm so behind on things I'm trying to figure out how to dig out.  I desperately need something to blame it on and it can't be blogging 
(since I haven't posted for a week) so it must be the 
garden. 

All of a sudden I'm having to water and to 
weed for hours on end, yikes, it's taking over my life!  

How do people who are single parents work full time AND go to school at night?

What am I missing here?  How are there enough hours in the day for that?  I guess if you completely ignore your family it might be a little easier but I suppose that's where I draw the line.

Between my kids, grandkids, parents, sisters, assorted nieces and nephews, aunts, uncles and some cousins more than others, I'm swamped.  

Then of course there are friends who seem to be those left out more recently then not.

I think the overpowering intensity of work is playing a part in this too.  Oh, and not to mention the fact that I am having difficulty playing any of the piano pieces I'm assigned at the moment.  And let's not forget my daily workouts with 5 miles a day walking minimum on top of that (captain of the team you know).

You start to think maybe we're all going to follow Susan Boyle into the stress clinic to figure out how to deal with all the stuff coming at us from all directions.  Does anyone lead a simple life anymore?  If so, I'm not sure how they do it.  It's beyond my comprehension I'm afraid.

Time to fall back on the old British stiff upper lip.  Pretty soon though, it might crack right off my face.  I actually think I can blame all this coming to a head on the fact the air conditioning broke yesterday so we're looking forward to another sleepless night of hot, stuffiness inside our asbestos-shingled house.  Fortunately, I believe it's going to be repaired tomorrow, at least that is the current goal.

I'm off now to go sweat somewhere else in the house.

3 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Blogger kara said...

mummy, the new blog template looks wonderful (little help from laura? she likes to cut people's pics in half). and the week you're having sounds like it could be cured with some sunny champagne cocktails at Perry's. we haven't done that in ages. and laura can drink now!

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger theWaif said...

Mum: Someday we'll have a beautiful guest room for you to stay in with a big comfy bed, air conditioning and a private bathroom. But I'm sure you'll have fixed your a/c by then.

K: I did update it for her and I do like cutting peoples' pics in half.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Robert the Skeptic said...

Back when I still had a career I thought retiring would open up all this great free time I believed I was missing out on. Amazingly somehow, working full time, I got all this huge amount of stuff done - I look back and can't for the life of me figure out when I found the time.

So now even in retirement we still find ourselves setting the alarm (sure, a bit later) and checking the calendar before committing to family/friends/etc. Besides, sitting and relaxing just gives me the opportunity to ponder all the stuff I yet need to do. In the end, being busy is good... if for no other reason than the alternative is definitely not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home