Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Vacant But Not Forgotten

Have you ever had so much buzzing around in your head that it seemed as good as empty? That's me lately. I've always wondered how the genius types are able to cram so much into their heads to the point they have what appears to be total recall. Not only that, they continue to read and learn throughout their lives, it never stops. So where do they put it all? Perhaps there are little triggers in my brain that never got turned on, empty spaces that never filled in? I don't know what else to think.

There are times when I'm talking and the word I need to complete the sentence is simply gone. No matter how hard I concentrate, there is nothing but blank space for a brain. It's not just disconcerting, it's embarrassing. And nothing I try to do seems to improve the "condition". I heard at one point that the asthma medicine I used to take for years wipes out memory, I don't know if that's true but even though I quit taking that medicine at least 15 years ago, I still have any number of black holes in my brain.

We will watch movies three or four times a week and most of the time I forget which ones I've seen. The same is true of books I'm reading, it's the book two books back I don't remember. I remember taking a class when I was in my 20's called effective listening that taught you how to remember multitudes of things. It was actually more memorization but it did help to remember with gimmicks. Of course now I can't even remember the gimmicks.

Some say it's because you're so busy that you're brain can only hold so much but aren't geniuses busy too? I keep hoping my memory will return but of course who could remember if it did?

P. S. OK, so Robin Williams isn't a complete genius but his comedy certainly is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home