Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Friday, February 29, 2008

Last Weekend of Freedom

This is it, my last 60 hours of freedom before I get sucked back into the mayhem called HR. I know, it sounds like a quiet, low key job right? NOT! I have decided though, after being off for 2 months, that my New Year's resolution is to keep it under control. I think the best way to do that is to be sure I keep track of all to dos, delegate consistently, say no when appropriate and plan ahead as far as possible. I have some great help waiting for me back at the office so I'm confident I'll be successful in this resolution and it will transition into habit by the end of the year so next year I can commit to something different. I was pretty successful in keeping my 2007 resolutions so I am confident I can do this.

So how will I spend my last few hours of freedom? Today I'm going out to lunch with my girlfriend then running some fun errands. This evening another girlfriend is coming over to review a plant fundraiser with me to plan for a beautiful yard then we're going to watch the Jane Austen Book Club together over Chinese food.

Tomorrow I have a lovely foot and leg massage with my daughters,

dinner at a great Cuban restaurant to celebrate my baby's 28th birthday now that she's back from her lengthy eastern European vacation,

and to my oldest daughter's after to complete the celebration.


Sunday I'm hoping to see baby boy at some point and I'm going to a lovely piano concert by Michael Allen Harrison at the Grotto in the evening with a girlfriend.

Then it's back to the grind...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home