Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Fun In Your Job

I know there are people who love their jobs but how often do you actually witness it? On the cable channels, TLC and HGTV, I would say the majority of the hosts and program support staff love what they do. Right now I'm watching "Clean Sweep", and their imagination and energy clearly demonstrates how much fun they have in these episodes. It makes these shows very fun to watch.

Cesar Milan loves working with people and their dogs on "The Dog Whisperer" and his clients are very amazed and appreciative when he helps them to fix their problem pets. He has become quite the phenomenon and appeals to all generations.

John Stewart and Stephen Colbert both appear to be in their element as they blast politicians, other well known individuals and simply the status quo. I think the same thing is true with the co-hosts on The View although some of them have some pretty spirited discussions.

But job appreciation isn't relegated only to those who happen to be famous. I think each of us have encountered individuals who were genuinely happy to be doing what they're doing. And our experience is so much better when that's the case.

I guess what I'm saying is if you have the chance to do what you've always wanted to do, don't hesitate, don't make excuses, don't think you don't deserve it, just do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home