Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Gene Shalit, Roger Ebert or Me?

I am amazed to report that I have watched about 79 movies since joining Netflix just over a year ago. I credit this number mostly to the two months time I was home recuperating after my surgery earlier this year. At that point, I wished I could get instant replacements instead of having to wait a few days so added a third to our mix, not that it made much difference.

Anyway, following is a brief list under particular categories indicating those that impacted or impressed me most (you'll notice I didn't necessarily say I always enjoyed them the most).

Environmental
  • Who Killed the Electric Car?
  • An Inconvenient Truth
Foreign


The Chorus







  • My Father's Glory (1)
  • My Mother's Castle (2)
  • Cinema Paradiso
  • Children of Heaven
  • Dear Frankie
  • The Advocate
  • Water
  • Once
  • The Wind That Shakes the Barley
  • Greenfingers
  • Conspiracy
  • Saint Ralph
  • The Secret of Roan Inish
  • This Is England
  • Goya's Ghosts
  • Tsotsi
  • Hope and Glory
Independent or HBO
  • The Simple Life of Noah Dearborn
  • Little Miss Sunshine
  • Garden State
  • Something the Lord Made
Classics

The Bridge on the River Kwai





  • Life With Father
  • The Manchurian Candidate (original)
  • The Guns of Navarone
  • The Nun's Story
  • The Heiress
  • Alice Adams
  • Sullivan's Travels
  • Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison
Regular Cinema
  • The Legend of Bagger Vance
  • The Jane Austen Book Club
  • Becoming Jane
  • The Lake House
  • Memoirs of a Geisha
Some of these aren't the best movies you'll ever see but there's a good assortment here to appeal to most movie genres. Each of them is interesting or different at a minimum. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home