Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Monday, July 12, 2010

The Knees Have It

We were watching a dog walk this last weekend and realized that two of it's knees bend backwards. That observation, of course, spurred the larger question, what other animals or birds have backwards knees.


Birds (all including seagulls, ostrich, flamingos, etc.)
Dogs (all including coyotes, foxes, wolves, etc.)

Cats (all including cheetahs, mountain lions, etc.)

Horses (all including zebras, etc.)

Lizards

Crocodiles

Deer (all including antelope, etc.)

Frogs

Hippopotamus

Giraffes

Sheep

Cows

Goats

Lots of bugs

And, if you count our arms, humans!


Yet another indicator of the evolution of the human race ... ooh, a four letter word (x2).

2 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger theWaif said...

I noticed this anatomical quirk back when I first got into drawing from observation. Come to think of it, I don't think it was until I got a "how to draw horses" book that it dawned on me -- the reason all my horse drawings up until that point looked odd was that I'd been drawing the back legs bending the wrong way. I still draw horses sometimes, just for funsies.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger The Future said...

Well, you just never know when something is going to be educational, even a How to Draw a Horse book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home