Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Found It!

We not only found summer, we found it to the tune of 113 degrees! It was a record for Las Vegas and a record for us. But you know what, when you are as damp and moldy as we are at this point, it felt good to dry out.

It was a great long weekend watching our very amazing nephew graduate with high honors as the first student ever from his high school to be appointed to the Naval Academy. You know when they mentioned it along with the Ivy League and Pac 10 schools other students were attending they were impressed too. He had men in fancy (lots of colorful bars) Navy uniforms there afterwards to congratulate him and have their photos taken with him. I was and am so proud of him. Hopefully as he progresses in his Naval career, I'll learn what all those bars mean. I told him I'll be in Annapolis in four years to celebrate his next graduation too. He will make a handsome and very worthy officer in our military forces.

I just have my fingers crossed that he never sees action even though I know he is hoping for the opposite. I'm hopeful he'll go into some kind of computer technology role since that's his area of interest, like the CIA or something. The fact of the matter is, once he leaves to go back at the end of this month I'll probably see very little of him for the rest of his life. The evolution of life. It's time for him to become his own man. Aunt Deedee is sad but oh so proud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home