Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Twice As Long

Why does it always feel like the Republican Convention is twice as long as the Democratic Convention. Probably because I wasn't clued into the entire DNC but the RNC seems like it's everywhere and I am anxious for some real choices. It's always great when the democrats have the stage and the republicans have to pipe down. The reverse isn't nearly as comfortable. I hope Obama and team are busily storing up some good stuff to obliterate all the lies Repubs been piling up.

I also wonder how rosy the relationship is going to be between McCain and his sidekick considering the significant differences of opinion between them. How do you sell that? "I know I don't believe in "X" but she does so vote for us?"

Obama and Biden feel much more aligned, more cohesive, like they're driving toward common goals. What a novel idea! Of course, who knows, maybe Biden will turn around once he's been elected and shoot his best hunting partner friend in the face too. No, of course he won't, that is only something the current administration would do and condone doing all at the same time.

I was asked today what my top 3 strengths are and I said, "I'm a people person, I'm passionate about what I believe in, and I love to learn." I wonder what others would say my strengths are. It's not something you think much about unless you're on the interview circuit and thankfully I haven't been for quite awhile.

In fact, I don't think many of us spend much time thinking about ourselves, what we're good at and what needs work (other than always being late for meetings possibly), what makes us happy, what doesn't. It's probably a good exercise, just thought I'd share that.

Speaking of what I'm not good at, the piano is calling. A demain.

1 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Blogger kara said...

one of your strengths is driving fast without getting caught by cops. been in awe of that for YEARS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home