Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Toeing The Right Line

Have you noticed how many people there are making lots of money by telling you what to and/or what not to do? Don't eat chocolate vs. chocolate is good for you, don't eat dairy foods vs. milk mustaches are attractive, running keeps you healthy vs. running is bad for your knees, sit-ups will strengthen your stomach muscles vs. sit-ups are bad for your back, and my favorite, if you have a messy house you aren't paying attention to something important in your life but if your house is ultra clean and organized, you are inflexible .

There are more how-to books out there than you can shake a stick at not to mention the seminars and infomercials. Everyone seems to have a new angle which the publishers fall for or perhaps a new twist to an old angle. I applaud the creativity of these folks, especially if they are successful at convincing sufficient folks to make a living.

Still, do we really need someone else to tell us not to eat fast food? Is the only way we can change our sedentary status to be told to get out and walk? Are we really unable to think for ourselves when it comes to making significant change in our lives? My mom has always maintained that all things in moderation will serve you well. This has guided me in the past when I lost a bit of weight and I need to get myself back on that wagon now. With all the how-to's out there, I have yet to see any other advice that works better...gee, maybe I should write a book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home